|It's a cupcake. With booze in it. What's not to love?|
|What's a cupcake without sprinkles? It's nothing. It's dead to me.|
|Tart Little Dollop is my middle name.|
|Cut a wedge out of the middle, put a wee bit o' jam in there, then squish the lid back on. Once you put the frosting on, it holds the lid in place.|
|Any time is the perfect time for Bubbles!|
Click through for the recipe and instructions.
Champagne Cupcakes with Champagne Buttercream and Raspberry Filling
Inspired by this recipe from One Sweet Appetite
Makes about 12 cupcakes - the recipe made 14 for me….
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 egg whites
1 1/2 cups cake & pastry flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sparkling wine or champagne
1/8 cup raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Prepare cupcake pan by lining with your favourite colour cupcake liner papers.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Meanwhile, beat egg whites in a separate bowl until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, sift together the pastry flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Add vanilla to the butter and sugar mixture; stir until combined. Add flour mixture; stir until combined. Add champagne and stir until combined.
- Carefully fold in egg whites until mixed in, being careful not to mix too much.
- Spoon batter into prepared cupcake liners.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until tester inserted into the centre of the cupcake comes out clean with no crumbs.
- Cool completely before frosting.
1 cup butter
3 cups icing or confectioner's sugar, sifted
4 tablespoons sparkling wine or champagne
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy.
- Add sifted icing sugar, and beat on low until combined.
- Add champagne, beat on medium until frosting is fluffy and spreadable.
- Using a very sharp knife, cut a cone-shaped wedge out of the centre of each cupcake.
- Spoon about a teaspoon of jam into the hole in the cupcake. Carefully squish the cutout piece of cupcake back in the hole. Try not to squish out the jam!
- Frost the top of the cupcake using whatever method makes you smile. Top with sprinkles!