|Chewy chocolate cookie goodness|
|Stack 'em up – inhale!|
Gluten-Free Chewy Chocolate Cookies
Based on this recipe at Martha Stewart.com
Makes 24 cookies
3 cups icing sugar, sifted
3/4 cup cocoa
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
1 cup almonds, chopped and toasted (method below)
4 egg whites
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F. Place chopped almonds on a cookie sheet and place in the oven, shaking it occasionally, until fragrant – about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together icing sugar, cocoa and salt until combined.
- Stir in coconut, chocolate chips and toasted almonds and stir until combined.
- Stir in eggs whites very gently until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonful onto parchment lined cookie sheets, about 2” apart.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, turning pans halfway through, until tops of cookies are shiny, cracked and dry to the touch.
- Cool completely on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.