|Twisting ribbons of Nutella and cheesecake filling wind through this delicious pastry.|
Rich, chocolatey Nutella. Smooth, tangy cheesecake. Flaky pastry. Do I have your attention yet? As a good friend recently said to me, "You had me at Nutella."
I recently stumbled upon these Nutella Cheesecake Twists, and a recent sale on Nutella at my neighborhood grocery encouraged me to go for it.
The recipe is fairly simple. Unroll refrigerated crescent roll dough into squares. Spoon on a little Nutella, a little cheesecake filling. Fold it up. Twist it up. Bake it. Drizzle on some melted chocolate and boom! You have a fancy, chocolate-filled pastry that, if you squint really hard, could have come from a café in Paris.
|Drizzled with white & dark chocolate|
Grab a café au lait and enjoy!
Nutella Cheesecake Twists
Based on a recipe by BruCrew Life
2 cans Pillsbury crescent roll dough, chilled
8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup white sugar
1 cup Nutella
3 oz. white chocolate, melted & cooled
3 oz. bittersweet chocolate, melted & cooled
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Open cans of crescent dough. Unroll dough very carefully. Keep 2 triangles together to form a rectangle, pressing seam gently to close; 4 rectangles of dough per baking sheet.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and egg together until smooth and fluffy. Refrigerate for about 10 minutes if it seems runny.
- Spoon Nutella by the tablespoonful in a line, just to the right of the middle of the rectangle. Repeat with other 7 rectangles.
- Spoon cheesecake mixture next to the Nutella, repeat with other rectangles.
- Gently fold sides towards the middle, overlapping slightly. Gently press seam together and press end seams together.
- Gently flip rolls over. Twist rolls twice. Press together any seams that come apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack. Drizzle tops of twists with white and bittersweet chocolate.
Makes 8 twists.