|Bright, chewy little bites of lemon goodness!|
|Chewy Lemon Crinkle Cookies: Betcha can't eat just one!|
I set out to make a simple, lemony treat; but I didn’t have very many ingredients. It was gross and rainy outside so I didn’t want to leave the house. Or change out of my pyjama pants (don’t judge!). These wee little lemon cookies are loaded with lemon flavour, yet sweet enough to satisfy your sweet tooth. They use just a few, basic ingredients. If you have a lemon hanging about the kitchen, you could probably make these right now!
Chewy Lemon Crinkle Cookies
Based on this recipe at LDS Living
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Zest from one lemon
Juice from one lemon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Mix in vanilla, egg, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir flour mixture into butter mixture until just blended.
- Spread icing sugar onto a plate. Take rounded teaspoonsful of dough and roll into a ball with your hands, then roll around in the icing sugar, completely coating dough ball.
- Place dough balls 3” apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes, or until bottoms begin to barely brown.
- Remove from oven and cool cookies about 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.