|Cookie monsters, assemble!|
|Om nom nom nom nom|
I like to eat these gooey morsels warm out of the oven, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy one with a cold glass of milk, or a cup of hot tea. Keep them in the freezer for a treat in the summer heat.
Pro tip: Anna Olson recommends omitting the cornstarch, and using baking powder instead of baking soda for a crispier cookie.
The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie Based on a recipe by Anna Olson
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter, brown sugar and white sugar together until pale and fluffy.
4. Add egg and vanilla and stir until combined. Add flour mixture and stir until combined. Add chocolate chips and stir until combined.
5. Drop by heaping tablespoons onto baking sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until just starting to turn golden along edges.
6. If you can keep yourself from eating all of the cookies right out of the oven, cool them on a wire rack. Store in a tightly sealed container.
Makes about 40 cookies.
'Just Desserts' for more sweet and delicious recipes!